First of all, today my son Keegan has finally completed his first post. It is a report on our field trip to Linville Caverns. To the left is one of the many pictures that he has in his report. So do not delay, go read his fun report! (My dad, mom, Keegan, Evan, and me. I took the picture that's why I'm not there.)
Secondly, I'm enjoying Comes a Horseman still. Not done yet. While I was in the middle of a VERY scary scene last night, the lights went out. I had about ten horrible seconds of holding my breath and the lights thankfully came back on. I don't know about you, I sure don't want my last waking thought to be about an axe murderer.
Lastly, none other than the author/blogger and Christian Fiction Blog Alliance inventor T.L. Hines has tagged me. So, now I'm it, huh? Okay. I can do this.
1. Publish my book
Seven Things to Do Before I Die
2. Move away from North Carolina
3. Train my kids to put their laundry in the laundry hamper
4. Ski in Colorado
5. Visit the Bahamas
6. Take my kids to Disneyworld
7. Own a car that doesn't require a chain to hold the hood down
Seven Things I Cannot Do1. A backflip. I used to be able to do it but no more. Alas, I've gotten too old and too um...rotund.
2. Make a soufflé or spell it...I had to go look that up.
3. Spell. As proven by number 2.
4. Breathe underwater. But my character in F.A.I.R.I.E.S. can. So, HA!
5. Find a publisher. But I am hopeful that one day this will change.
6. Stop my kids from growing. I wish I could 'bottle' time. Howbeit, I cannot.
7. Create world peace. Let's face it, that won't happen until the Anti-Christ starts to rule so...I guess that means I'm glad that I can't do it.
Seven Things that Attract Me to My Husband1. His skills. Okay, I meant his humor. This wonderful man, Dave, is playing golf on the Monterey Peninsula. Note the floral shorts, "No Bozo's" T-shirt, and the great demonstration of balance.
2. His thoughtfulness.
3. His ability to feel at home wherever he is.
4. His intelligence. Not only does he look smart in a uniform, he was in military intelligence. A linguist in the U.S. Army. He knows German, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish (from High School), and Greek (from College).
5. Just look at him. Need I say more? He looks adorable even with a flat-top. And now that we are getting older and things like hair decide to leave, he is STILL adorable! Oh, and get a load of those thighs. Yummy.
6. His great artistic sensibility. What taste!
7. His GREAT taste in women. Oh, and cars.
Seven Things I Say Most Often1. "I love you."
2. "You're grounded!"
3. "What do you want for dinner?"
4. "Fine. I'll make macaronni and cheese. Again."
5. "Where's my hairbrush?"
6. "Take out the dog."
7. "Go to sleep boys!"
Seven Books (or Book Series) I Love1. Harry Potter
2. All Jane Austin
3. Dragon Riders of Pern
4. Artemis Fowl
5. In the Hall of the Dragon King
6. Honor Harrington
7. Crystal Singer
Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again1. Pride and Prejudice (A&E version)
2. Notting Hill
3. Galaxy Quest
4. Ella Enchanted
5. Star Wars
7. Anne of Green Gables
1. Bonnie Wren
Seven Poor Souls that I wish to tag are:
5. Jen's Horde