Friday, June 23, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

June 23, 1990

It has been sixteen years since I walked down the aisle to my awaiting
fiancée. We had been engaged for two years before that and had known each other for five years before that! We met at a High School Bible Study with our church. Even though we went to rival schools, we were friends (almost) right off. Of course, if he hadn't lied to me about his name, it would have been from the start. Right, Alexander? Okay, so his friends lied to me and my friends about Dave's name...still, he didn't correct them! Anyway, I've known him over half my life and do not regret a minute...even when he was a stinker. He has stood by me and supported me through so much. I'm so glad I married my best friend.

Hey Dave! I love you!

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!

15 comments:

David Meigs said...

Congratulations! May you have fifty more.

Now tell Dave he better take you somewhere nice and buy you something pretty.

jel said...

Congrat you to!

have a great day!

Trinity13 said...

Happy anniversary to you...have a wonderful weekend!

Ciera said...

Aw...Happy anniversary!!!! And many more!! :)

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Auhhhh! Happy Anniversary!

Fred said...

Congrats to the both of you!

Rulan said...

wow. That is so cool. Congrats to you both. May the Lord bless you with many more years.

jel said...

it just dawned on me that you 2 have the anniversary day, that my mom and dad had!

Kimber said...

Happy Anniversary Girl...just one more thing we have in common - both of our anniversaries are in June - mine was June 8th - and it was 15 years for us :)

What a great tribute to your honey - I spent my anniversary at the hospital with my brother's new baby...but we celebrated last week in Florida ;)

Anyway - may God continue to bless your marriage!! It really is great that you have been together so long~! God smiles!

audrey` said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARIANNE!!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wishing you a wonderful anniversary, Mimi.

M. C. Pearson said...

Thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! wow! may you have more anniversaries to come. God bless you both. =)

Corry said...

Happy belated Anniversary!!! May God bless you both with many more years in love, joy and happiness.

God's Grace.

Ballpoint Wren said...

Once again, I am late to the party! Happy anniversary to you two. I like romantic, happy-ever-after stories like these.