Things I have learned living in North Carolina .....
1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road ..
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in North Carolina
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders.. All 10,000 of them live in
North Carolina , plus a couple no one has ever seen before!
4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
5.'Onced' and 'Twiced' are words
6. It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy.
7. 'Jaw-P?' means 'Did y'all go to the bathroom?'
8. People actually grow and eat okra.
9. 'Fixinto' is one word.
10. There is no such thing as 'lunch'. There is only dinner and then
there is supper.
11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it
when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar
12. Backwards and forwards means 'I know everything about you.'
13. The word 'Jeet' is actually a phrase meaning 'Did you
14. You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time
it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.
MORE THINGS TO LET YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM NORTH CAROLINA :
1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You've ever had to switch from heat to A/C in the same day.
3. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit,
vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
4.. You know what a 'DAWG' is.
5. You carry jumper cables in your car for your OWN car.
6. 90% of NC kitchens will have these five spices/condiments: Morton
Salt, McCormick Black Pepper, Texas Pete, JFG/Dukes Mayonnaise and
7. The local papers cover national and international news on one page,
but require 6 pages for local gossip and motorsports.
8. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
9. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a bit warm'.
10. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and
11. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as 'goin' to Wally
World or Wal-Martin'.
12. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good
chicken stew weather
13. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
14. We don't need no dang driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive,
we can drive, dag-nabbit.
15. You understand these jokes and forward them to your North Carolina
Let's all sing it together folks?? I like callin' North Carolina