Monday, May 14, 2007

I've Been Tagged...First time in forever!

It has been so long since I've done a tag! Most likely because I've not blogged much except my lovely book reviews. But Delia, one of my FIRST members, has done it. So here goes:


Rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and asking them to read your blog.

EIGHT RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:

1. I hate my Internet. Not THE Internet, MY Internet. My connections are so bad that it takes forever to post let alone read e-mail. No joke, I keep a running game of Spider Solitaire open to play during saves and load ups. A solution may be at hand though! This Wednesday a phone guy is coming to see if he can install DSL. Horrah!

2. There was a tick in my car today and it really freaked me out. I think I killed it but then I couldn't find it! I cannot stand those things. I have nightmares that I'll find one bloated, sucking away...and will have to remove it but it will get its head stuck inside my skin and I'll get Lyme Disease. Yes, I am a bit creeped out by it...I'm still itching everywhere and startling myself, thinking a blood sucker is about to make its move!

3. I homeschool my kids. The really funny thing about this is that I used to think homeschoolers were strange. I thought parents weren't giving their kids the opportunity for socialization...not to mention education. My oldest begged me to homeschool him when he was in 3rd grade. I let him finish out the year in public school while I researched it. He is about to finish 5th now and the youngest, Kindergarten. We LOVE it! And they are not lacking socialization...I get to that in the next number...

4. On Tuesdays I teach a creative writing class for some local homeschoolers. We are going through the book, Learn to Write the Novel Way. Keegan is one of my students. While we are doing the class, another mom watches Evan and her other youngsters. Afterwards, we swim and play in a creek by the picnic shelter we use for the classroom. Ah, the joys of homeschooling!

5. I love Fantasy. All ages...but mostly Young Adult. Yes. I love the Harry Potter books. But I understand why many Christians don't, which is why I've written my own YA Fantasy that is Christian. I'm working on getting it published right now. VERY LONG PROCESS!

6. I have poison oak and poison sumac growing all over my yard. I am SO allergic to it. We are trying to get rid of it...any suggestions???

7. I love to garden (which makes the sumac problem even worse!) I'm attempting to landscape a hill that looks like a big mound of clay. But it will be gorgeous someday! I know it!

8. Wow! I'm at eight! I live in the most beautiful place I could have ever hoped for. God has taken us so many places and through so much stuff...we are finally feeling comfortable where He has put us. Right now I can hear the frogs croaking and see the fireflies flickering. North Carolina is a great state. It has taken me seven years to really understand that. Being Californian by birth (24 years) then living in the Mid-West (8 years)...the South was a bit strange and backward to me. I can honestly say that I've had my reservations about being here. My allergies are horrid here. Everyone has a strange accent. I do not hear English spoken correctly very often. BUT...I love it now. I might even have a bit of a twang now...and I don't mind too much... But y'all best not be sayin' I'm a hillbilly! Us mountain folk don't take too kindly to that kinda talk. Y'hear!

Now, I'm supposed to tag eight people. I don't think eight people read my blog anymore...I've been so out of touch about it. But let me see if I can think of some that MIGHT play along... How about:

Captain Picard
Ma Ingals with ADHD
Kimber
Corry
Pia
Audrey
Bonnie Wren
Jaimie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - Mimi, I so enjoyed reading about you! I'm especially interested in how you're adjusting to living in the South, as this lifetime California gal may be making the plunge and moving to Texas sometime this year. Ticks, though ... oh, man, I don't know! Maybe I can't do this, after all ... ROFL I keep forgetting about those little critters - and their buddies, the chiggers. Oh dear, oh dear. Excuse me, please. Gotta go talk to the Lord about this ...

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

LOL...you've been gone a long time....The Crabby Cows are no longer crabby...LOL...or cows for that matter....and Bonnie Wren is on a self-imposed hiatus

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Mimi, I've done my list, if you'd care to look.

Cinder said...

Hi Mimi, just stopping by to see how you are doing. Happy belated mother's day...hope your day was a good one!

C.J. Darlington said...

Just wanted to thank you for all you do over at the FIRST blog site. I know it takes tons of work, and we all appreciate it! Oh, and I've already been tagged, so don't even think about it. Ha ha. :)

audrey` said...

Dear Mimi

Yeah!
Thank you for tagging me.
I'll do it soon.
It looks very interesting =P