Sunday, October 15, 2006

Moving...Part One

Why am I surprised when God answers prayer? Sometimes I think it is because I am in such awe of His power that it throws me for a loop.

Well, as most of you know, my parents gave us until Oct. 1st to find a new place to live. We were flabbergasted. What were we to do? We needed a place that was large enough for a family of four, but economical enough for a one income homeschooling family. We have always rented and about a year ago went through bankruptcy. In the world's eyes there wasn't much hope for a good home for us. I am so thankful the God doesn't see things our way.

First, a little background. We've been unsure about staying in North Carolina since leaving the children's home we worked at. We didn't have many friends. We didn't have any activities besides baseball. We were unhappy with our church because it didn't have children's church anymore...and for anyone who has had to sit through a sermon with a 5 year old boy, you understand why we were unhappy. For the last 3 years we have been praying for God to lead us and show us where we belonged.

Then it started happening. In August, a person on the Burke County Homeschoolers Yahoo! Group (that I seldom looked at) posted that she wanted to make some friends for her family. Some people that also needed fellowship for their children as well as themselves. Well, I decided to answer her email. Two other families answered as well.

Later that month, we joined the indoor-swimming pool because the boys didn't want to stop swimming after the summer lessons were over. Now we swim M, W, TH, and F mornings. I'm actually starting to feel healthier. The boys started soccer in September, too.

Still we did not have a place to move so we started looking at rentals. Nothing was right. They were either too small, in a bad neighborhood, or too expensive. We asked our small group of homeschooling friends to please pray for us. All of them had options...

One knew of a house for sale near them.

Another had a father-in-law with two rentals.

Lastly, another was selling their old home which is next door to their current home.

Out of the three, which do you think God allowed to work? I'll tell you more soon!

7 comments:

McMom said...

I can't wait to hear the "rest of the story"!! I think it is the third option.

Kimber said...

On the edge of my seat!!!!!!!!!

Miss ya and thinkin of ya~

Fred said...

I hate to guess. I'm so bad at these things. Post soon!

Jaime said...

If we guess correctly, do we get a prize?

Tell us NOW!!

Corry said...

I am so happy for you!
I suspect the last one, but I am eagerly awaiting your post!!!

God's Grace.

M. C. Pearson said...

You guys are awesome! I'll let you know soon!

Ciera said...

I'm thinking of moving back in with my mother...and my brother is going to me moving at the end of the month...which is good cuz he and his wife are expecting another baby...hope all works out for you